Modification and Contempt Actions Attorney

A divorce decree that was finalized when your child was 6 months old may not work now that the child is 16. Fortunately, Massachusetts provides tools to modify parenting plans, custody arrangements, and child support as time goes on. In some situations, you may need to utilize the court to force your child's other parent to pay court-ordered child support or alimony. In either of these situations, I can help.

Modifying Court Orders and Divorce Decrees

Issues that often need modification include:

  • visitation schedules often need to change as children get older and their schedules become more complicated.
  • child support may need to change because of changing economic times. Increases and decreases in child support can be made at any time following the original court order as long as there is a substantial and material change of circumstances.
  • The court may modify a visitation award based on the current needs and best interests of the child.

Post decree modifications may be agreed upon between the parties with the help of a mediator. In other situations, you may need the intervention of the Court. If you are trying to modify custody, support, or visitation, you need to understand the law and obtain advice from a lawyer and mediator with experience. Call me, Belle Soloway, today.

Enforcing Court Orders and Divorce Decrees

When one party is not complying with court orders, the contempt of court process can be used to enforce child support, visitation, and other important rights. If child support is not being paid or visitation rights are being violated, it is important to thoroughly ascertain all of the facts and then ask the court for appropriate relief. Working together as a team, we can obtain the results you are entitled to.

Contact Me Today

Contact Belle F. Soloway, Attorney at Law at 781-326-8277. I represent clients throughout Greater Boston, Norfolk County, and surrounding areas of Massachusetts.